Abstract Submission Guideline
> Abstract Submission > Abstract Submission Guideline
Key Dates for Abstract Submission
|Abstract Submission Open
||2 March 2018
|Deadline of Abstract Submission
||7 June 2018
|Deadline of Poster Abstract Submission
(Oral Presentation Platform is closed.)
|1 July 2018
|Notification of Results
||17 July 2018
Data, Science, and Management Promoting Environmental Welfare
- Abstracts can only be submitted online via the website submission system.
- Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted.
- Please contact the SETAC-AP 2018 Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any problems with your submission.
- All submitted abstracts must represent original work.
- Authors can choose the way of your presentation (oral or poster sessions).
- Each user/author is limited to two abstracts.
- Authors of accepted abstracts must carry out online registration by 15 August 2018 to be included in the final program.
- Log on SETAC-AP 2018 website.
- Download abstract template (link) and fill out the abstract details following the instructions.
- Please write your abstract in English.
- Abstract must not exceed 2,000 words in total (excluding abstract title).
- Please write down author’s first and middle name, and then use capital letters for authors’ last name.
Ex) Michael PHELPS * (Put asterisk ( * ) after presenter's name)
- Non-standard abbreviations must be written in full when first used.
- Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors.
- No proof reading will be done, although some corrections may be requested by the reviewers.
* Abstracts with summary section alone are only acceptable for the poster presentation. (Not for the oral presentations)
- Check that all the details on the summary page are correct.
- Go to ‘Online Abstract Submission’ page.
- Upload the abstract file and fill out the required information.
- You will be sent a confirmation e-mail with your submission reference number. You can also check your abstract status in ‘My Page’.
* If you have not received the confirmation mail, please check your spam mails.
Abstract Submission Procedure
- Step. 1Download Template
- Step. 2Submission
(March 2nd – June 7th)
- Step. 3Revision
- Step. 4Evaluation Result
(DATE : TBA)
Modification of submitted abstract(s)
- Before the deadline (Abstract submission close : June 7th 2018), you can review or modify your abstract after you login with your own account.
- Please note that no corrections are possible after the submission deadline.
- Click here to go to revision page. After login, click ‘Review & Modify’.
Withdrawal of Submitted Abstract(s)
- If you need to withdraw your abstract, a written statement with your abstract number reflecting the reasons for decision must be sent to SETAC-AP 2018 Secretariat (email@example.com).
- Note that acceptance of your abstract and invitation to present at the meeting does not include a free registration nor any other financial compensation.
Author registration deadline is 15 August 2018.
- Accepted abstracts from presenting authors not registered and paid by 15 August 2018 will be cancelled and excluded from the final program and abstract book. Abstracts must
not promote a commercial product, process, or service. Information in the abstract should not have previously published or presented. By submitting an abstract you are
agreeing to abide by the copyright & presenter responsibilities and the SETAC code of
- Please note that the inclusion of a session in the call for abstracts does not guarantee that this session will be programmed at the SETAC-AP 2018 Conference.
Depending on the number of abstracts received, the scientific committee will decide to accept, merge or cancel the session. In that case the scientific committee will make
suggestions to move your platform/poster abstract to another session.
- Presenting authors will be notified of acceptance/rejection of their abstract. The date will be announced. By submitting your abstract, you give SETAC permission to publish it in
the abstract book that will be distributed at the Conference among all attendees.
Presenters who submitted abstracts for SETAC Asia-Pacific 2018 Conference will be considered for publication in the special issue in the SETAC Journal - Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management (IEAM).
Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management
- Publisher : Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry and Wiley
- The journal is devoted to connecting scientific research with those applying the science in decision making, policy and regulation, and environmental management. The special series from SETAC Daegu will focus on environmental risk assessment and environmental policy.
Abstracts on specific topics will also be considered in special issues for the following non-SETAC journals.
Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety
- Publisher : Elsevier
- Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety is a multi-disciplinary journal that focuses on understanding the exposure and effects of environmental contamination on organisms including human health.
- Publisher : Elsevier
- Environmental Pollution is an international journal that seeks to publish papers that report results from original, novel research that addresses significant environmental pollution issues and problems and contribute new knowledge to science.
Environmental Geochemistry and Health
- Publisher : Springer
- Environmental Geochemistry and Health publishes original research papers, short communications, review papers, topical collections of papers and special issues across the broad field of environmental geochemistry. Papers may be theoretical, interpretative or experimental. Coverage includes papers that directly link health and the environment.